Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Next Stop Wonderland

Red to Blue is where I go, 
A stop in Downtown -- State Street too. 
Next stop Wonderland, 
To stroll down Ocean Avenue. 

The Beach is ugly,
The girls are too.
But it's the only place,
That reminds me of you.

A place so far,
from where I am now:
A double-decker brownstone
Right outside of downtown.

Now, I'm doing well ,
Have a job and a wife.
A nice BMW 
That I drive down the Pike.

I'm a real yuppie, sure
The type we used to hate.
Hell I'm an executive
At old Fleet bank.

But I'm still missing you,
Every single day.
Even though you leaving, 
Caused me to change.

It's funny how things work like that.
You were important then,
But now, 
You're not.

Now you're higher,
Than ever before.
When the man from the sky,
Knocked on your door.

But my trains almost here,
It's time for me to go.
Next stop Prudential.
Have to carry on my show.






No comments:

Post a Comment